The French translation for “beautiful; handsome (masculine)” is beau.
What is handsome in different languages?
In other languages handsome
- American English: handsome /ˈhænsəm/
- Arabic: وَسِيم
- Brazilian Portuguese: bonito.
- Chinese: 英俊的
- Croatian: zgodan.
- Czech: pohledný
- Danish: smuk.
- Dutch: knap mooi.
Is Beau French?
Beau means “handsome” in French. Pronounce it the same way the French do, with a long o: “boh.” The word recalls more innocent times, when gentleman courted their ladies and skirts barely rose above ankle level.
What is the masculine of beautiful?
Women can also be described as “handsome”, just as men can be “beautiful” or “gorgeous”. To think of a word less strong but more casual than ‘beautiful’ or ‘handsome’ for a male’s equivalent of pretty used for a female… hrmmm…
How do you say cute boy in French?
“cute boy” translation into French
- volume_up. mignon garçon.
- volume_up. garçon mignon.
How do you call a boy cute in French?
Cute in French : Mignon
It’s the one you are going to use with masculine gender words – like bébé for example. Le bébé est mignon. : The baby is cute. No matter the sex of the baby, if it’s a boy or a girl – the noun bébé is masculine. And so you’ll use the masculine version of the adjective mignon.
What name means handsome?
Here’s our top pick of names meaning ‘handsome’.
- Keane: Of Celtic origin meaning ‘tall and handsome’.
- Beau: Of French origin meaning ‘handsome’.
- Aden: Biblical origin meaning ‘handsome, adorned. …
- Calix: From the Greek meaning ‘very handsome’.
- Cullen: From the Irish meaning ‘handsome/good looking.
Is Bello a word?
Bello is an Italian, Spanish surname from bello “handsome/beautiful” (Late Latin bellus), hence a nickname for a handsome man. In medieval Italy, the word was also applied as a personal name, which also gave rise to the surname.
|Region of origin||Italy, Spain|
|Variant form(s)||Abello, Vello, Vela|
Can you use beau for a girl?
Beau is a French masculine word and traditionally a boys name. When referring to a handsome man or masculine object, the French say “Il est beau” (He/it is handsome). The feminine version/name is Belle.
What is Jolie French in English?
Word forms: joli, jolie. adjective. [jeune fille, paysage] pretty. [dessin] nice.
How do you call a beautiful girl in French?
- jolie fille, la ~ (f) Noun.
- mannequin, le ~ (m) Noun.
How do you describe a handsome man?
Following is a list of strong adjectives that we use to describe handsome man.
Words to Describe a Handsome Man.
How do you say looking handsome?
- good-looking, nice-looking, attractive, personable, striking, stunning, fine, well proportioned, well formed.
- informal hunky, dishy, hot, gorgeous, drop-dead gorgeous, tasty, fanciable, knockout.
- British informal fit.
- North American informal cute.
- Australian, New Zealand informal spunky.
- rare sightly.
What is the female equivalent of handsome?
The feminine equivalent to (usually, facetious) “Hey, handsome!” is… “Hey, gorgeous!” Pretty or beautiful are the most common words. Handsome can be used for women, but is somewhat old-fashioned.